Blog Archive

There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, March 20, 2014

I Wish I Could Write

The summer sun in Brisbane wakes up at 4:30 in the morning. Apart from being a ridiculously early time to rise and inspite of the thick curtains, it still manages to wake me up on most days. Well thankfully today is the last day of Summer, something about an equinox today which means it's officially autumn and winter is not far away. Yay! That's one whole year of summer ending for me. Now what I was going to say is that in my half sleepy mind this morning I was thinking of all the things I could be doing with my time and writing was one of them. This is pretty much how my thoughts rambled on early this morning. 

I wish I could write

If I could write then I wouldn't watch so much TV

I wish I could write

Then I’d post stuff on my blog everyday and have loads and loads of followers

I wish I could write

Then probably my famous blog will get a book deal and then maybe a movie

I wish I could write

Then I'd be able to voice my thoughts and say everything I wanted to say

I wish I could write

Then I'd write poetry and stories and philosophical essays in 140 characters or less

I wish I could write

Then I could string two ideas and make something meaningful

I wish I could write

Then I wouldn't have so many unfinished stories wilting away on my computer

I wish I could write

Then I'd write a one single successful novel and live my life as a mysterious recluse

I wish I could write

Then I'd make gargoyles the next most popular thing… I mean we've had enough of wizards and vampires

I wish I could write

I'll write this hugely controversial novel and get banned from my own country… or maybe not….

I wish I could write

Then I wouldn't have to worry about punctuation and spelling so much

I wish I could write

Then I could justify the idea of spending lots of money to get a degree in writing… maybe

I wish I could write then I’d write

1 comment: